cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I have recently upgraded to IS 6.0 pro.

I am attempting to create an OS snapshot however I have noticed it does not appear possible to create this if you dont have IS installed in full setup mode.

I would of thought there was a way to connect to the os snap tool remotely as you do the repackager.

It seems a little daft to me that you would need to do a full install just to take a snapshot perhaps I am missing something.

I dont really think an OS snapshot containing .NET framework / IS would be particularly useful..

:confused:
(4) Replies
In order to run OSSnapshot.exe remotely for AdminStudio 6.0, you will need to run it from the repackager folder remotely or by copying the entire contents of the folder to a shared location(same as remote repackager). Next, create a file in the repackager folder called OSSnapshot.ini & place the following lines in it:

[General]
PIDKEY=000000-0000-0000000000

Replace the empty PIDKEY here with your serial number. This file contents should now look like an exact replica of isqm.ini.

Ossnapshot will now launch and you will no longer get the message box saying that this feature requires AdminStudio Professional.

Mark Doeseckle
Software Quality Engineer
InstallShield Products, Macrovision Corp.
Thanks for that. works a treat.

I dont support there is another little trick like that to run the Workflow tools ? IS kind of rubbish without that ability ..

I have created a dummy workflow tool but why should I have too ?
I'd be interested to see who likes workflows? I played with them and didn't really see the value. Am I missing something?
Christopher Painter wrote:
I'd be interested to see who likes workflows? I played with them and didn't really see the value. Am I missing something?

We have 8 repackergers that need to hand off projects in the middle. Having the workflow to follow ensures that no steps get missed.

Ryan