cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

New to AdminStudio et. al - Autorepair question

Hi,Im new to AdminStudio, and would like to know a little about how the .msi autorepair works - is it possible to define which files this covers, and which files are excluded?For example what happens when my packaged application gets an update? Will ...

JamesHA by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

OS Snapshot

I have recently upgraded to IS 6.0 pro. I am attempting to create an OS snapshot however I have noticed it does not appear possible to create this if you dont have IS installed in full setup mode. I would of thought there was a way to connect to the ...

Set Specific Files as Per-User

Is there any way to flag files as per-user ? i.e. so if a new user executes the advertised application and a specific file doesn't exist in the users profile, it heals and installs it ?Thanks in advance.CheersA

MS Office 2000 SP3

Please help. I am trying to repackage MS Office 2000 sp3 for AD distribution. The build appers to complete correctly, and distribution to the target machines appears to succeed, but the sp does not "register" with the target machine. (Office indicate...

merge module

I'm try to figure find some documentation that confirms or denies, either online or printed. to back up my thought. for instance merge module DAO360 has dependency of MDAC 2.5 SP3 (English). do i include MDAC 2.5 SP3 and MDAC 2.8 in project. i believ...

Create a Service

Hello,My application need the creation of one service.The service appear in the registry, but when I install the application with msi, appear in the registry, but no create de service.Somebody know the reason of this happen???Thank you,Ana Marta

Build Error

Hello Community,I try to build an project with Editor (Installshield 10.5) and get an Error -5047. When I look where it will be build I found an space character at the end of one directory at the buildpath. It looks like that - \\xxxxx\projectdir\yy...

thm123 by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

RemoveFiles table for a total Newbie

Hi, I did a search and didn't find what I needed so I'm posting. I'm trying to learn AdminStudio, I purchased their training manual and it states to make sure all files / folders are removed during uninstall you can edit the "RemoveFiles Table of th...

XP & Win2000 Differences ?

Being asked to look into all currently packaged apps (for Win2k) to check their compatibility for XP. Just wondering if there are any real differences with regards the applications running on the 2 'different' operating systems ?I know the obvious on...

Pugster by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos