cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error ICE64 and the RemoveFile Table

:confused: I purchased The "Repackaging and Application Migration using AdminStudio" course. The course came with a disk containing sample projects (exercises). I have been trying to work with the "Sample App 3000" ism file. I ran the "Full MSI Validation Suite" under the Build > Validate menu as the course instructs to do. I receive the following error:

The directory SAMPLE_APP1 is in the user profile but is not listed in the RemoveFile table. http://dartools/iceman/ice64.html Directory Directory SAMPLE_APP1 Error Code: ICE64

When I double click the error I am taken to the Direct Editor "Directory" table. Highlighted in "red" is the following information. There are other columns but those are blank so I didn't include them here.

Directory - (s72) = SAMPLE_APP1
Directory_Parent -(S72) = PersonalFolder
DefaultDir -(l255) = SAMPLE~1|Sample App
ISAttributes -(14) = 0

The data above is actually formatted in Rows and Columns in the editor but because the formatting doesn’t hold up in a simple text editor I rearranged it into a simple list

When I navigate to the RemoveFiles table I see this:

Once again these are actually column headings

FileKey -(s72)
Component_-(S72)
FileName -(L255)
DirProperty - (S72)
InstallMode - (i2)

It is my understanding that if I want to remove a folder I should leave the file columns blank. When I click on the Component column I get a drop down menu so I must choose one of the predefined properties. None of the properties I can choose from correspond to what I'm seeing in the "Directory" table.

Its also my understanding that if I want the file removed during an uninstall I need to set the InstallMode = 2.

No matter what I put in the columns under the RemoveFile table I keep getting the same "The directory SAMPLE_APP1 is in the user profile but is not listed in the RemoveFile table. http://dartools/iceman/ice64.html Directory Directory SAMPLE_APP1 Error Code ICE64" error.

How can I translate what I'm seeing in the "Directory" table into valid entries in the RemoveFile table? Is there a guide or a utility that can translate this information for me? I know it's just a sample exercise but if I can't get it right here I won't be able to get it right when I really need to.

Thank You

Stuart Gormley
(1) Reply
Hi Stuart,

Validation is actually taking place against a built MSI package. What you are editing in the Direct Editor is the ISM project file. Can you verify for me that you ran a build before attempting the validation process again?

Also, even though the combo box does not list your specific directory identifier you should still be able to type it in directly.

Thanks!
David