cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create new catalog in AdminStudio 9.5

Trying to create a new catalog where SQL Server Express 2005 is already installed with other instances. I reinstall Express to create a new instance with these parameters: INSTANCENAME=AdminStudio SECURITYMODE=SQL SAPWD=test SQLACCOUNT="NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM" SQLBROWSERACCOUNT="NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE" SQLBROWSERAUTOSTART=0 ADDLOCAL=SQL_Data_Files.

I receive this error when trying to create a new catalog: Creating the application catalog...
User 'Administrator' does not have enough permissions to create the database 'AdminStudio'.

ERROR Unable to create the application catalog

I am using Windows Authentication.

We are gearing up to migrate from Wise Package Studio to AdminStudio.
(5) Replies
modified SQL Manager for the new service to log in as a Network Service. Specifying Server Authentication and using the created sa account and now I receive this error:
Creating the application catalog...
Invalid object name 'AdminStudio.dbo.AMS_SchemaInfo'.
ERROR Unable to create the application catalog

Any ideas?
Hi Cygnus,

With regards to what's taking place, it's not too clear based on the error. Can you try manually running the creation scripts against the catalog?

Here's the order that they should be:

AMS_System_Schema.sql
AMSCreateIndex.sql
AMS_SamplePackagingTemplate.sql
AS_System_Schema.sql
Seed_Data.sql
CustomReportWizard.sql

I suspect one of these will produce the error you're seeing, and give us a better idea as to what the problem is. Make sure to run these scripts against a newly created empty database, as this will have none of the tables the scripts are trying to create.
Thats just it. There are no clear directions to install AS where SQL Server Express is already installed. From several sites I have surmized that I can not use only SQL Server Express and that I need to install SQL Server Management Studio Express so that I can run these commands. Not knowing much of SQL I mucked my way through hoping that I was installing the scripts correctly. I can view the database and its tables but the errors never cease. Unfortunately this is the only server that I am given and it already has Wise Package Studio on which also needs SQL Server Express. I suppose there is no way to use Installshield without a database set up?
Hi Cygnus,

InstallShield and Repackager should work without having a database set up. But, generally you should be able to complete the catalog creation wizard as long as you have a SQL account that has DBO rights.

Do the same errors occur, or is it different ones during login now?
same errors. When deleteing the catalog and recreating it I get messages that the object is already installed. I am going to have to find a separate computer to install this on.