cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Building conditional statement

I would like to build conditional statement for a component. I would like certain component to run on 2000 and another component on XP. Does anybody have a syntax on how to do it.

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installing user settings

We install an application by user(ALLUSERS=empty). So when the first user logs on the computer the applications gets installed including all user specific files en user registry keys. How do I install the user specific files and registry keys for ano...

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Silent Install with User Interface

I am trying to create a response file that will allow the user to choose whether or not to reboot the computer after the install. Is there anyway to silent the entire install except the last dialog?

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Merge Module

Hi,Is it possible to create merge module through repackaging? I have a legacy setup for which I want to create merge module i.e. .msm instead of .msi file. Please let me know how can I do this?Thanks

Prince by Level 3
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Conflict Checker and Merge Modules

Greetings,I am in the process of evaluating AdminStudio 3.5. I've already put it through the paces in repackaging, and it worked very well to help completely redo a painful installation to a sweet MSI installer.The package has three parts, including ...

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Application works only under administrator

Hi all,We have an application setup built using installshield express containing some files of crystal report objects. Se install this application on windows 2000 entering as administrator , it works fine but when we enter as normal user crystal repo...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installing or removing features

I use advertisment(msiexec /jm msi_package /T transform) to install packages with elevated privileges and transforms. How do I add/remove the features of a product which are already installed on a computer? For example: I have word and excel install...

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

command line parameters

I am trying to install Access XP from a Office XP install. I have created a Transform that just installs the required Access program and this works fine. However when I try to run the install silently with a /qb- or /qb then I start to get funny re...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition...

I currently have NAVCE 7.5 installed on a number of systems. I would like to automatically uninstall 7.5 and install 7.6 through my package. I directly edited the NAVCE 7.6 .msi and created a custom action that would do that using the product code....

BCM4309 by Level 8
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

self-healing

hi allis there a property or something that i can add to make sure that self-healing will be disabled for my msi?i need to install but no self-healing allowed.thanks

kardock by Level 4
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos