cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Repository Proxy Account

While setting the Proxy Account for the Software Repository I'm getting the following Error

Unable to access the repository location using the specified credentials

I can however, log into any machine with the account I'm trying to use as the proxy and connect to \\Computer\Share

I can even create, modify and delete files on that share.

Any suggestions are welcomed.
(3) Replies
Sounds like there may be an issue with account roles here.

I might take a look at the AdminStudio debug log and see if it gives a descriptive error code:

http://kb.flexerasoftware.com/doc/Helpnet/adminstudio90/ashelplibrary/ASIDETaskDebugLog.htm
Here's my Test lab Environment setup -Windows 2008R2 Standard
Computer name: AESDC - AD, DHCP, DNS (Domain CORP or corp.contoso.com)
Computer name: AESFileShare-SQL2008R2(Application & compatibility Databases) DomainUsers have Read/write to the Database
FileShares on AESFileShare(Domain Users have modify at the Share and NTFS level)
\\AESFileShare\AESRepository - Software Repository

Computer name: AESWin7
Logged in as CORP\User1 (local admin to machine)
No Mapped Drives (Found in past that you can't connected to the same server with different credentials. If you do oy need to you the IP address to the computer or a DNS alias)
Connected to AdminStudio directly to the Database(AES) on AESFileShare-no IIS server involved
Used sa user account the connection to database on AESFileShare
Enabled Software Repository
\\AESFileShare\AESRepository
User: CORP\AESAdmin or AESAdmin@corp.contoso.com(Not local admin on AESWin7)
I get the following error message after setting the logging to level 3
DWORD ImpersonateNetworkResource() - Called: Resource: \\AESFileShare\AESRepository
bool CCreateCatalogRepository::VerifyLocation()
CString CCreateCatalogRepository::GetRepositoryPath()
Create file failed with error: 5
Using \\10.0.0.3\AESRepository gives me the same error message above
Using \\AESFileShare\AESRepository and User CORP\User1 (local admin and modify access to share I get the message below
DWORD ImpersonateNetworkResource() - Called: Resource: \\AESFileShare\AESRepository
CImpersonateWindowsUser::ImpersonateNetworkResource - Failed in call to WNetUserConnectio. 1219, \\AESFileShare\AESRepository

I hope this message helps.
Well, the Win32 error code 1219 translates to:

ERROR_SESSION_CREDENTIAL_CONFLICT - "Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one user name, are not allowed. Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared resource and try again."

So restarting your AdminStudio machine would be one way of clearing out any existing sessions on the file server, or you could do this using the Computer Management console (it has a 'Sessions' view under 'Shared Folders').