cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSADT 'Wrap on import' output directory using variables in path

Sorry if this has been answered, multiple searches did not turn up a result that helped.  I am setting up AdminStudio and my initial test result is mixed.  I defined my download dir as \\server\share\[Vendor]\[Product Name]\[Version] which worked as expected on importing the first application (7-Zip).  However, the wrapping portion (PSADT) of the import went sideways, instead of resolving the [Vendor]\[Product Name]\[Version] variables it placed the wrapped files in literally that path.  How can we get the wrapped files to be located in the same area as the download files?

(1) Solution

Hi @mupdike74 ,

This feature is not yet available in AdminStudio and this would be an enhancement to an existing feature. So could you please provide your idea on the Ideas page with all the details in the below link:
https://flexerasfdc.ideas.aha.io/ideas
So that our Product Management team can have a look at it and analyze it further. 

View solution in original post

(3) Replies

Hi @mupdike74 -

The output directory for the wrapped EXE or MSI packages using the PowerShell App Deploy Toolkit method is configured by going to Options in the Application Manager, General options > Wrap Options, and under the Wrap Options = PowerShell Wrapper, see the directory specified in the Output Directory field. More info in the product help here: Setting Wrap Options

AdminStudio will create subfolders underneath this "root" directory for each application that gets wrapped.

Expert Flexeran on AdminStudio, Workflow Manager, and Software Vulnerability Manager / Research
If I've answered your question, please mark my response as "Accept as Solution" to help others find answers. Thanks!

Thank you for the reply! 

I do have that configured to \\server\share\[Vendor]\[Product Name]\[Version].  And that is exactly where it put it, instead of resolving the Vendor, etc, variables.  My question would be what variables can be used so those files are placed in the correct location such as \\server\share\Igor Pavlov\7-Zip\23.0.0.0\Deploy-Application.ps1 instead of \\server\share\[Vendor]\[Product Name]\[Version]\Deploy-Application.ps1.  Or is it not possible for the wrapped files to be placed in such a way?
Also, if possible, can those variables be used in the ConfigMgr Location to Publish of the Options window?

Hi @mupdike74 ,

This feature is not yet available in AdminStudio and this would be an enhancement to an existing feature. So could you please provide your idea on the Ideas page with all the details in the below link:
https://flexerasfdc.ideas.aha.io/ideas
So that our Product Management team can have a look at it and analyze it further.