cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

secure - permirssions

We are in the process of "moveing from a movell netware based LAN to a Windows2000 based LAN"all our computers are windows 2000 (server and professional)We are "locking down the desktops" meaning no user will be a member of the administrators group.I...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

ISSelfReg table missing - Dev 8/ NT4/ MSI 1.1

I just installed the Admin Studio update that included Developer 8. Now my msi's will not self register on NT4 PC's with MSI 1.1. The same build works fine on XP. Yes, they registered just fine on the same PC when built with Dev 7 SP4. I've inclu...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adminstudio & Citrix

Does anyone else have any experience with using the Adminstudio v3 for creating MSI packages for use with ISM for Citrix Metaframe XPe.Have you had any strange problems etc.Just starting to use it and having a few issues.

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

repackaging newbie

Just bought AdminStudio 3.5 and I am doing my first repackagingI donwloaded the new version of Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.1 and re-ghosted my computerrepackaged with "installation monitoring"Next I converted with the legacy conversion wizard i getMapping...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Package available to ALL Users...

What do you set in developer to make a package once installed, available to all users? I have a number of packages that once installed are available ONLY to the user that installed them.Thanks in advance for your help!!!BCM4309

BCM4309 by Level 8
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Palm Desktop

Has anyone had any success creating a transform for the new Palm Desktop 4.1? ALL three of my build machines lock up each time I get to the last dialog in the "Palm Desktop - Installshield Wizard" using Tuner. If I force close the program and look ...

BCM4309 by Level 8
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upgrade Serial Number?

Hello,We recently purchased InstallShield 3.5, but we received no serial number with our purchase.We have version 3 also, but the serial number from version 3 did not work with version 3.5.Any ideas? The retailer that sold us the software says they ...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Citrix Package...

HELP!!!I have created two packages one is a base Citrix installation package that installs the Citrix ICA 32-bit Windows Client & the other is just a configuration of the Citrix client to access Manugistics. If I deploy the base package and then dep...

BCM4309 by Level 8
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Difference Between Clicking Remove and Maintenance Mode/Remove?

Hi. I have an MSI package that was given to us by an outside vendor.I need to make some modifications to the installation so I have created a Transform to accomplish this.The Transform seems to work fine as far as application functionality goes, but...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Completely overwrite .ini file

I use Admin Studio 3.01 and have buildt a package with Author.Scenario:There is an ini file present on the computer when I start to install. I want the installation to completely overwrite the ini file, loosing all previous content, and create a new ...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos