cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legacy prgm requires reboot

GM,
I am using AdminStudio 7.5 and I have taken your basic class recently, instuctor named Harshini.
I have been trying to package a prgm called Remedy which requires a reboot
at the end of the install. I start out using the repackager...
when I run the program and complete the reboot, AdminStudio fails to resart the repackaging process back up or include the reboot.

New to the technology and need help seeing what I am doing wrong. I know I have ALOT to learn so please be nice. :cool:
(5) Replies
Use snapshot, take a snapshot before you install and after the reboot, that should catch everything. :cool:
Using the snapshot method does not seem to produce an MSI that forces the reboot at the end of the install :confused:
Sorry, I misunderstood. Set REBOOT=F
if you want to force a reboot at the end of the installation.
But if the installation doesn't tell you to reboot, you normally don't have to.
:cool:
Hey thanks,..I will put that down this Friday,. I have been at a trade show the last couple of days...

the program requires a reboot at the end of the install.. Sorry if I was unclear.

Remedy is an unforgiving, demanding, drama queen-ish little program.

Thanks again and I will keep this post open for thie results. 🙂
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
In order for Repackager to successfully restart after a reboot, you MUST make sure you click on the Reboot button on the Repackaging Wizard. Normally the setup application will display a dialog prompting you for a reboot. You should select "Yes" and then click the Reboot button on the Repackaging Wizard. This will reboot the machine, allow the setup to complete after the reboot and then relaunch the Repackaging Wizard.