cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Launch an .exe within an .msi before installation completes

I'm working on an application named Robot Millennium, what I need to happen is for the Protection Settings (KREMOTE.EXE) application to run before Robot Millenniuim runs. KREMOTE gets installed along with the Robot Millennium application. In the .msi...

How to associate the file with the program in the system?

Hi all,Could someone help me with this problem.I 'd like to create a set up file which can detect the file the the code program so that it can choose the suitable program in the system to open it.Ex: In the program has the A.txt when I run the set up...

Transform Regsettings not taking

Hello I created a transform and imported some reg settingsthese reg settings alter ones that would normally be installed by the msi with out a transform i.e. the normal msi puts these reg settings in I just want to change their values once the instal...

Acrobat Standard 7.0

I'm preparing Acrobat Standard 7.0 to be deployed using Active Directory and I've run into a snag. Using Adobe's Installshield Tuner, I'm able to configure the installation options, as well as accept the EULA on behalf of the user. And then using A...

repackager problem

I am using AS 6. when using it for the first time I managed to create a package and all seemed to go well. When trying to create a package the second time around I encountered a strange problem.The repackager doesn't seem to capture all the files in ...

How to skip license dialog when customizing MSI

Dear All,I'm learning to Customize Citrix MSI. I want to remove license dialog and also to remove some features in the customized msi. I'm using install shield admin studio for customizing.I'm using setup design and deleting the features which I felt...

Modifying Folder Permissions for Repackaged MSI

I'm attempthing, via the built in Installshield 10.50 pro that comes with Admin Studio 6, to modify thefolder permissions on a folder to include our DomainName\Domain Users with modify permissions. However when I run the MSI against a Virtual Machin...

Predeployment test - any one using?

Hi...I am just starting to play with this and haven't gotten very far. Does anyone have any tips on getting started, best practices, etc.? (Beyond the user guide provided by Macrovision.) Also, for those of you who are using, what's your opinion?T...

AS6 sp1 - Partytime or dud?

Happy Monday everyone... I have loaded sp1 on a test device (W2K sp4), and have noticed a few kinks... Editor seems to hang at random, but it did enable me to create an install for DirectX9c using the object wizard which was a good thing.BUT... Wh...