cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Change/Remove/Repair buttons under Add/Remove Programs Not working

Hi everyone, 🙂

I am trying to disable the Change/Remove/Repair buttons for my install and I changed all the values to "Yes" under General Information -> Add Remove Programs, in the MST which I working on.

But, when I install the msi+mst, the Change/Remove" button still appears and it is possible to repair and remove the application that is what I want to avoid. :mad:

Any idea why this happens and how this can be fixed? :confused:

Thanks in advance !!
(4) Replies
Are there other changes in your transform that are working correctly?
I think the mst is working fine because other modifications worked well.
Finally, I was able to disable the buttons, I created manually entries NoModify and so on in the registry.

In that key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ program create those entries under product code, but not under name product folder so I created them and it worked.
Hi Sergio,

While it's good that you found the way around the issue, the "Best Practice" way is probably worth troubleshooting still.

Basically, what you'll want to do is:

1. Create a logfile:

msiexec.exe /i package.msi /l*v c:\install.log

2. Look at the property dump at the end of the log. Specifically, these properties should have a value of '1':

ARPNOMODIFY
ARPNOREMOVE
ARPNOREPAIR

If these are not set, your transform either isn't getting applied, or it doesn't contain the entries you thought it does.

Regards,

Cary
Hi Cary,

That's what I did,
I saw that properties were created under the ProductCode folder, but there was also a folder with the name of the aplication that I didn't see and under that folder, those properties weren't not created so I did it manually and it worked.

regards,
Sergio.