cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Editor Project Folder

Hi,

Is there a way to define a Default Editor Project Folder in the repackager tool?

(Screenshot attached)

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Fabio
(7) Replies
dilorenzo wrote:

Is there a way to define a Default Editor Project Folder in the repackager tool?

Yes, edit Options.ini (located in [ProgramFilesFolder]AdminStudio\xx.x\Repackager) and add the following to the [General] section:
Project=\\WhateverYouWant\
Evan,

Thank you.

Is there a way to pass this argument dynamically over? i dont want to use the same ISM target file each time i run the setup capture 😉
dilorenzo wrote:
Is there a way to pass this argument dynamically over? i dont want to use the same ISM target file each time

There's not a super-easy way that I can think of, but I suppose you could use a powershell or vbscript, or write a WiseScript .exe, or InstallScript .exe (or whatever) that would dynamically reach into options.ini and change the folder and .ism filename. What I tend to do is prepopulate it with something such as \\MyAdminStudioShare\Projects\****RENAME_THIS_FOLDER****\***RENAME_THIS_FILE***.ism

Because of the use of illegal characters (asterisks), Repackager won't let anybody forget and build it without renaming.
Evan Border wrote:
There's not a super-easy way that I can think of, but I suppose you could use a powershell or vbscript, or write a WiseScript .exe, or InstallScript .exe (or whatever) that would dynamically reach into options.ini and change the folder and .ism filename. What I tend to do is prepopulate it with something such as \\MyAdminStudioShare\Projects\****RENAME_THIS_FOLDER****\***RENAME_THIS_FILE***.ism

Because of the use of illegal characters (asterisks), Repackager won't let anybody forget and build it without renaming.

Evan,

Thank you.

Ive now created a script for this purpose.

However each time i open the adjusted repackager project it will only append my string to the default output proposal

Even if i manually open the project, adjust the output path -> save it -> and reopen the project it will append it to the default output proposal.

I am working with/on UNC Paths (\\myserver\).

may this be the cause?
dilorenzo wrote:
Evan,

Thank you.

Ive now created a script for this purpose.

However each time i open the adjusted repackager project it will only append my string to the default output proposal

Even if i manually open the project, adjust the output path -> save it -> and reopen the project it will append it to the default output proposal.

I am working with/on UNC Paths (\\myserver\).

may this be the cause?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Can you post a screenshot of the issue?
Okay, after re-reading your post I think I know what your issue is. That was a bug that has been fixed in AdminStudio 11.5.

The issue number is IOB-000060441
Issue summary: Using a UNC path for the Editor project path concatenates the path when saved.

It is listed in the AdminStudio 11.5 Release Notes as one of the issues that has been fixed.
Thanks, just noticed it.

helps a lot @ automating things 🙂

Best Regards,
Fabio