cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a shortcut on the Desktop via Tuner?

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong.

Corel Office X13, customize a .MST file via Tuner. All works well EXCEPT I want to make ONE shortcut on the desktop for all users that references the WordPerfect program.

I've tried the Desktop folder and "copying"/pasting the WP shortcut from the Program files folder (already in the .MSI file) to there. It "packages" okay, but does NOT deploy just that shortcut.

I've tried the ALLUSERSPROFILE and make a "folder" called Desktop under that and putting the shortcut there.

The problem with that is that after you "save" the .MST file, if you open it back up, it has REMOVED the "desktop" folder under ALLUSERSPROFILE and put the shortcut directly there.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but not sure what.
(5) Replies
Try to use property ALLUSERS=2
Thanks! I finally got it to work.

Now if I can only figure out how to REMOVE a shortcut (one that's NOT in the MSI already).
You can use the removefile table, but I personally prefer to use a VB custom action to do things like that.
Thanks Turbokitty!
If it is to remove 1 shortcut, I will stick with RemoveFile table. With custom action, you should and would probably need to author a rollback custom action in case the installation is terminated for whatever reason.