cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repackager not capturing All Users profile

I'm using AdminStudio 6 included with ZENworks. I'm trying to use Repackager with Installation Monitoring to capture an app install. My problem is that when my application is initially installed, it's set for All Users with all the shortcuts where they need to be but when I use the repackaged msi of the same install to install on another computer, it installs for the current user only.

I've read some posts about possible Hotfixes but I've not been able to locate them

Any help would be appreciated.
(2) Replies
Hi,

You can add the property ALLUSERS=2
I don't remember if AS 6 added the ALLUSERS property in the Property Manager for you or not. My guess is that it did. Installing per machine is a function of both the ALLUSERS property *and* the current account privileges.

For example, the ALLUSERS property can be set to 1 and install per machine when the install is run with Admin privileges and install per user if simple user privileges are used.

In addition, if the ALLUSERS property is not specified, the install will always be per user.

Run the install with logging enabled and look for the current value of the ALLUSERS property in the log file.