cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Application Catalog

Hi There,

I have just installed AdminStudio and am having the following error message when trying to create the Application Catalogue as advised in this youtube video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpgO6Q2Xwzo&feature=youtu.be.

A TCP error (10013: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions) occurred while listening on IP Endpoint=0.0.0.0:8082. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions

The system i am running this on is (VMWARE) Windows server 2016, SQL Server 2017, SCCM Current branch 1903.

i have ran the virtualmachineprep also.

When following the Adminstudio wizard i test the DB connection and get Connection Succesful, then the error above.

Can you please help with this.

thanks

Mark

(2) Replies

Hello Mark,

This looks like some configuration issue. I suspect something (anti-virus/firewall) on you machine is blocking AdminStudio process from creating the catalog. I know its not recommended to disable anti-virus/firewall however if its not a production machine, then you may try disabling temporarily to rule out this possibility. Or you may white list AdminStudio, so its not blocked.

Also, please check if TLS is enabled on your machine.

Thanks

Hi,
Thanks for the Reply.
TLS is on and the firewall on this device is turned off so its neither of those.
I built another server and installed the demo of AS with SQL Express and it worked.
I can only assume its somethign to do with AS contacting the SQL DB which is already running on the other mahcine although i cant see what the issue is a sits all up and running properly (SCCM is contacting the same DB with no problems) so i will just use it on the other server.
thanks for your input i appreciate it.
Mark