cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShell App Deployment Toolkit & Dependencies

Hello,

I know you can wrap a MSI or EXE by selecting it in the Application Catalog tree and selecting Wrap package.  If I want to add a dependency application (from the Application Catalog Tree) to my newly wrapped MSI or EXE is that possible?  Would I have to add my dependency application manually by editing the PowerShell script and adding the logic to the Pre-Installation section as well as copy the dependency files to the Files folder?

Is there a better way to handle dependencies?

Thanks!

(1) Solution

At this time, AdminStudio does not provide a direct option to include a dependent application to the PS wrapping process.  You would do as you described: add my dependency application manually by editing the PowerShell script and adding the logic to the Pre-Installation section as well as copy the dependency files to the Files folder.

It's a good idea of a product enhancement, you can submit that and vote on other clients' ideas here: https://flexerasfdc.ideas.aha.io/ideas?project=ADM (Community login required)

Expert Flexeran on AdminStudio, Workflow Manager, and Software Vulnerability Manager / Research
If I've answered your question, please mark my response as "Accept as Solution" to help others find answers. Thanks!

View solution in original post

(2) Replies

At this time, AdminStudio does not provide a direct option to include a dependent application to the PS wrapping process.  You would do as you described: add my dependency application manually by editing the PowerShell script and adding the logic to the Pre-Installation section as well as copy the dependency files to the Files folder.

It's a good idea of a product enhancement, you can submit that and vote on other clients' ideas here: https://flexerasfdc.ideas.aha.io/ideas?project=ADM (Community login required)

Expert Flexeran on AdminStudio, Workflow Manager, and Software Vulnerability Manager / Research
If I've answered your question, please mark my response as "Accept as Solution" to help others find answers. Thanks!

@moconn Thank you for answering my question and for providing a link to submit my idea of a product enhancement