cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Application Converter, AAC with ESXi 5.5 errors.

Hi All,

Apologies if this is a simple question, but i have been unable to find much detail in the AdminStudio documentation.

I have installed AdminStudio 2013 with the Virtual Pack and trying to convert some MSI's to App-V 5.

The AdminStudio PC has the VIX-API's installed. and can successfully wake up the VM's on my ESXi box to perform the automated tasks.
However, teh AAC console seems to get stuck at a "VirtualMachine: Logging in interactively" task. if i check the VM guest, it has booted and is sitting at the desktop with the "Automated Application Converter - Guest Agent" in a "Ready..." state.

Eventually the Console times out and i get the following errorL
"Error 4310 controlling virtual machine: Failed to connect to VM: 0x052e (LE:052e XE:0000 in CVirtualMachineController::COnnect:170)"

The virtual machine, i am not completely sure what it needs to have installed.
Currently it is configured like this:
Snapshot: AutoRepack_Base = Windows 7 x64 Installed + All current Updates + VMCfg run
Snapshot: AutoRepack_AppV5Seq = Windows 7 x64 Installed + All current Updates + VMCfg run + MS App-V 5 Sequencer installed
Snapshot: AutoRepack_AppV5Test = Windows 7 x64 Installed + All current Updates + VMCfg run + MS App-V 5 Sequencer installed + MS App-V 5 Client installed

Does the VM guests require any additional AdminStudio features to be installed?
Any firewall ports required to be open?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Regards,
Leon.
(3) Replies
scum73 wrote:
The AdminStudio PC has the VIX-API's installed. and can successfully wake up the VM's on my ESXi box to perform the automated tasks.
However, teh AAC console seems to get stuck at a "VirtualMachine: Logging in interactively" task. if i check the VM guest, it has booted and is sitting at the desktop with the "Automated Application Converter - Guest Agent" in a "Ready..." state.

Eventually the Console times out and i get the following errorL
"Error 4310 controlling virtual machine: Failed to connect to VM: 0x052e (LE:052e XE:0000 in CVirtualMachineController::COnnect:170)"

Does the VM guests require any additional AdminStudio features to be installed?
Any firewall ports required to be open?

As long as network discoverability and file sharing are enabled (should have been auto-enabled by VMCfg.exe) and the Windows Firewall and UAC were disabled (again, VMCfg.exe does this), you should be good. Make sure that you are able to reach the VM from your AdminStudio Client Tools machine: Open Explorer and go to the c$ share. Ex: \\My_AAC_VM\C$\
If that doesn't work, then you've got networking problems or perhaps policies are disabling something like network discoverability, etc. Or maybe the credentials you gave to the AAC Wizard (the one that you run through on the AdminStudio Client Tools machine) are incorrect. You may need to try domain\username in the username field (or machine name\username if the VM is not attached to the domain).

When the AAC's Guest Agent is speaking with the AdminStudio Client Tools machine, it will change the on-screen text from "Ready" to "Connected". If that never happens, then something is preventing them from talking.
Alpesh
By
Flexera Alumni
Hi,

If you look at the 0x052e error in msdn, it basically talks about incorrect username or password --> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms681385(v=vs.85).aspx.

So as Evan pointed out, check the credentials that you entered while importing the VM. You can edit them on the Machines tab in the AAC project.

Thanks!
Thanks Evan, Alpesh.

Reverted to the Snapshots and checked, the Firewall was still enabled, so unsure if the VMCfg.exe is suppose to disable it or just punch holes.
I disabled the Firewall and tried again, still no luck.

I then added the Machine Name to the Domain field of the VMCfg.exe.

This or the combination of this has fixed my problem.

I am very much looking forward to the Flexera Suite!!! making my life easier finally, (something Wise could nbever do)... 😉

Thanks again much appreciated! 😉
Leon