cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RN150 and FDP Appliance Operation system

Hello,

May I know the exact operating system of the appliances? Does it hardening? In the document only has "base on GNU/Debian Linux 10".
Can we install AV on it (example: Trend Micro DS,...)?

Thank you

(2) Solutions

The RN150 is a hardened virtual appliance based on Debian 10, and you will not be able to access it directly via SSH, etc.

View solution in original post

This means that:

• ICMP access to the appliance is allowed. This enables you to ping the device to validate network connectivity.
  • SSH access is available for troubleshooting purposes - typically under the guidance of Flexera Support if something needs to be investigated.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(4) Replies

The RN150 is a hardened virtual appliance based on Debian 10, and you will not be able to access it directly via SSH, etc.

Hello @joemigliore @ChrisG ,

It said " SSH and ICMP are allowed but are used solely for connectivity testing and troubleshooting" in the document. 

https://docs.flexera.com/foundationcloudscape/help/FCRN150Security.htm 

Could you help to explain it?

Thank you

This means that:

• ICMP access to the appliance is allowed. This enables you to ping the device to validate network connectivity.
  • SSH access is available for troubleshooting purposes - typically under the guidance of Flexera Support if something needs to be investigated.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi @ChrisG @joemigliore , 

If it can't be access directly, is there anyway to apply some protect controls or do security test on the appliance?

Does the appliances include any protection against attacks?

Thanks,