cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"TDS" listed as inventory source

We have two sources of inventory, SCCM, Flexera Agent.  However, an unexpected source is showing in our inventory called TDS.  It is associated with legitimate inventory in our system that is in reality from either our Flexera Agent or SCCM.  Searching on a single computer name will show results from both Flexera Agent and TDS. Where is this coming from? 

Screenshot 2023-08-04 124112.jpg

(1) Solution

Hi @JonStrong,

I understand that TDS is Flexera's backend system that shares data between ITAM and ITV. You will not see references to it on your beacon and should only see references to the connection on the Inventory Device Matching page. This source does not create device records on its own but links its records to the corresponding record in ITAM that comes from one of your inventory sources.

In terms of the process, I believe that when an NDI comes into Flexera One it goes into the ITAM Inventory DB and straight to TDS. The data from the Inventory DB only comes over to the compliance tables when your Inventory Import is run while TDS writes a record after it processes the NDI. If the TDS record is newer the Connection will show TDS even though the TDS record does not contain inventory data and is only a place holder for the device record in the Flexera One DataStream.

Does this help?

Regards

Vas

View solution in original post

(1) Reply

Hi @JonStrong,

I understand that TDS is Flexera's backend system that shares data between ITAM and ITV. You will not see references to it on your beacon and should only see references to the connection on the Inventory Device Matching page. This source does not create device records on its own but links its records to the corresponding record in ITAM that comes from one of your inventory sources.

In terms of the process, I believe that when an NDI comes into Flexera One it goes into the ITAM Inventory DB and straight to TDS. The data from the Inventory DB only comes over to the compliance tables when your Inventory Import is run while TDS writes a record after it processes the NDI. If the TDS record is newer the Connection will show TDS even though the TDS record does not contain inventory data and is only a place holder for the device record in the Flexera One DataStream.

Does this help?

Regards

Vas