cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zero-Footprint Inventory

Is Zero-Footprint Inventory available for ITV?  The available data sources for ITV list "FlexNet Inventory (NetDeploy Inventory)" as an option, but wasn't sure if that meant deploying the agent.

Customer is looking to do agentless inventory with ITV.  

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Yes, the ndtrack inventory agent component can be executed to gather inventory that is then uploaded to a beacon for use with Flexera One ITV without having the full agent installed (deployed).
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(5) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Yes, the ndtrack inventory agent component can be executed to gather inventory that is then uploaded to a beacon for use with Flexera One ITV without having the full agent installed (deployed).
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

And that doesn't require the customer to have ITAM, correct?

Correct: the FlexNet inventory agent (either installed or zero-footprint) can be used with Flexera One ITV without ITAM. It can also be used with ITAM without ITV.

Please be aware that while you can run the Core Executable and deliver to any Beacon manually or via a 3rd party (Ansible, Tanium, Chef, Puppet, etc.), however running Discovery and Inventory Tasks to instruct the Beacon to reach out and run the Agent is not available in IT Visibility today, only IT Asset.

Thanks Dawn, that is exactly what I was thinking.