cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We have Business Adapter Studio files that use Custom Queries on prem. Will they work with Flexera One cloud?

I have custom queries defined in some of our Business Adapter Studio interfaces and want know if they will still function in if we migrate to Flexera One cloud based solution. 
The custom queries only connect to the on premise FlexNet database and I understand SQL access is not permitted if we move to FlexeraOne.

We need a way to managed inventory targets with over 2,000 devices and using the GUI to do that is not possible.  I don't know of a better way to automate the managing large inventory targets or ones that need to change frequently.

Anyone using custom queries in Flexera One Business Adapter Studio?

(1) Solution
tjohnson1
By Technical Writer
Technical Writer

The custom query functionality is not supported in Flexera One as you do not have direct access to the database.

View solution in original post

(3) Replies
tjohnson1
By Technical Writer
Technical Writer

The custom query functionality is not supported in Flexera One as you do not have direct access to the database.

Do you know if there will be inventory target object added to business adapter as a way to create inventory targets using the Business Adapters?

I believe there are plans to enhance the way targets are created via the UI as part of merging the inventory features of ITAM and ITV but am not aware of any plans to do that via business adapters. You can request the functionality on our Ideas portal: https://flexerasfdc.ideas.aha.io/ideas