cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Points Rule Sets: Microsoft Server/Management Core

I'm not seeing this points rule type.  Anyone know why?  Yes, we are licensed for Database.

Thanks

(7) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Here are the points rule sets I see for the type "Microsoft Server Core". Does this differ from what you see?

image.png

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

I see the same.  Yesterday I added an additional entitlement:  Windows Core Infrastructure Server Suite. That is not listed this morning.  Not sure what to do and consumption seems completely off.

Are you saying you added another (4th) points rule set yesterday for the "Microsoft Server Core" license type, and found that the points rule set had been deleted today? That sounds very strange! I can't think of anything in the system that would automatically delete locally created points rule sets.

(That comment doesn't apply to point rule sets that have a source of "Flexera" - that is, points rule sets which are contained within the PURL content published by Flexera. It is possible that such a points rule set could be deleted through a PURL content update - although I expect that would be quite rare.)

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

I added an entitlement "metric" as Microsoft Server Core.  I "expected" that entitlement to show up in the list this morning and it has not.  I may be overthinking this.  Nothing was deleted.  The confusion I have is there is no way to "create" a new points rule set with the metric Microsoft Server/Management Core.  That was throwing me.

I'm not understanding the "entitlement" and "metric" terminology you are using here sorry. Could you share screenshots of what you're referring to?

I just saw this disclaimer regarding the point rule set for "Microsoft Server/Management Core" licenses, and maybe this explains why you cannot modify the license type to use a different point rule set.

I read the same thing and made the same assumption.  Thank you! WYWH!!!!