cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Flexera Organizing our environment

We are trying to create groups for our different regions. Within these groups we would like to break it down further by creating a group for each set of device type ex laptop, desktop. How can this be done? I created smart groups for the different machine types but getting stuck on how to create the region folder or group to put them in. Thanks in advance

(3) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Can you clarify what Flexera product you are working with? The phrase "smart groups" suggests you may be working with Software Vulnerability Manager - is that right?

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

We are using Flexera One

ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

So I'm not entirely sure what type of "group" you're talking about here, but there isn't anything called a "smart group" in Flexera One.

In Flexera One ITAM, there is a concept of "enterprise groups" - these are the location, corporate unit and cost center structures. These structures are typically defined to model the structure of your organization, and/or to support whatever kind of breakdown you need for reporting and managing your licenses.

It would be unusual to have enterprise groups for different "machine types". Machine types would normally be represented based on the "type" or "category" field on an inventory device or asset record.

Here's a screenshot of where enterprise groups can be defined in the UI, although it is common to use business adapters to import these groups rather than defining them manually.

image.png

(Edit: Added screenshot that didn't stick in initial post)

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)