cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IT Asset Management and ITV Beacon Precedence ?

I have both Beacons deployed in my environment , IT Asset Management and ITV as well, I have recently installed Flexera Windows Inventory agent on 2 VM's  . Log suggests that its appends to the IT asset management beacon ,In mgssetup ini file I have specified deploy server as ITV beacon. 

Is this an expected behavior as we have both modules so it will be sending the data to IT asset management beacon or do I need do additional configuration to point inventory to the ITV Beacon?

Regards,

Ajinkya

(3) Replies

@ajinkyarevealit 

If you want the Flexera Inventory to get imported into both ITAM and ITV it's important to have the Inventory agents report to the ITAM beacon(s). Flexera's processing of the inventory data is then streaming it into both ITAM and ITV as part of its data processing behind Flexera One.

You may still need an ITV specific beacon to be able to import from some of its other supported data sources as per Inventory Data Sources Supported for IT Visibility 

Thanks,

@JohnSorensenDK  Thank you for your response

I want inventory to report only in ITV not in ITAM . In that case what configuration I need to do, as I have given ITV beacon in the mgs.ini file but still ITAM is receiving the server details . Please let me know

@ajinkyarevealit 

I'm sorry, I misunderstood your requirements there. If you want the Flexera Inventory to merely get imported into ITV it's important to have the Inventory agents report to the ITV beacon(s).

It's not completely clear to me from where you downloaded the agent installers and the ITV agent configuration but you can try to follow Manually execute and upload inventory to beacon and force it to upload to an ITV beacon by using the -o UploadLocation=<ITV beacon url>.

Thanks,