cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventory from Dockers

Hi,

How can we collect inventory from Dockers if the docker is not able to connect to an existing Beacon ?

Is there a different agent for inventory collection from Dockers ?

How does this work ?

-Nishant

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

If you have the FlexNet inventory agent installed on a host where Docker is running then the agent is able to gather inventory details from Docker images and containers. The Docker containers themselves do not need to be able to make a network connection to the beacon - the agent installed on the host takes care of that.

See the following page for some more information: Container Scanning.

Searching for "Docker" in the Flexera One online help will also show you other information about where to see information about containers and images in the system.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

If you have the FlexNet inventory agent installed on a host where Docker is running then the agent is able to gather inventory details from Docker images and containers. The Docker containers themselves do not need to be able to make a network connection to the beacon - the agent installed on the host takes care of that.

See the following page for some more information: Container Scanning.

Searching for "Docker" in the Flexera One online help will also show you other information about where to see information about containers and images in the system.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)