cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installer Evidence Results Differ Between Inventory Sources

My own laptop collects inventory from both SCCM and the Flexera agent. Looking at the installer evidence, there are 219 results where the inventory source is SCCM, but only 119 where the inventory source is FlexNet Manager Suite. Does this mean that SCCM collects more inventory than the Flexera agent does, and is this something we should be concerned about? We are considering removing the connection to SCCM, but now we're concerned having identified this.

Thanks

(1) Solution
tjohnson1
By Technical Writer
Technical Writer

SCCM uses data from the Add\Remove Programs section of the registry for installer evidence, just like the agent does. It is possible that the inventory date for one of the sources for a device is older and causing the difference. You can see the inventory date for the evidence from the various sources on the Evidence tab of the device. If the dates are the same but the installer evidence is different, please open a support case with the details so that this can be investigated further.

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
tjohnson1
By Technical Writer
Technical Writer

SCCM uses data from the Add\Remove Programs section of the registry for installer evidence, just like the agent does. It is possible that the inventory date for one of the sources for a device is older and causing the difference. You can see the inventory date for the evidence from the various sources on the Evidence tab of the device. If the dates are the same but the installer evidence is different, please open a support case with the details so that this can be investigated further.

Hi, Thanks for taking the time to respond. I have checked the installer evidence, and everything has the same date. I checked another machine (server) and it is the same, so I'll log a ticket with support.

Thanks