cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNMS integration issue

Dear Team,

is there any possible to integrate below tools with FNMS Beacon. 

HPE : infosight oneview
IBM:Spectrum
NW:riverbed, whatsup
SIEM: Splunk
NETAPP:AIUM (Active IQ Unified Manager)
EMC:SRM (Storage Resource Manager)
DELL: OME

Thanks,

Sreerama Yenuga.

(10) Replies

why do you want to integrate them. are they gathering computer, VM inventory. 

are they using any kind of database to cover inventory ?

Hi,

Customer was not willing to install the agent on there devices. As of now they are using these tools,

HPE : infosight oneview
IBM:Spectrum
NW:riverbed, whatsup
SIEM: Splunk
NETAPP:AIUM (Active IQ Unified Manager)
EMC:SRM (Storage Resource Manager)
DELL: OME

Customer expected to get the inventory from these tools with integration. So is there any chance to get the inventory with integrate with these tools. Any idea please share with more info.

Thanks,

Sreerama Yenuga

None of these are tools that are commonly used to gather the type of data that would be suitable for importing into Flexera One ITAM/FlexNet Manager Suite.

With that said, if any of these tools do happen to have data that can be meaningfully mapped and consumed by the system as inventory data, this would be achieved by configuring inventory adapters to import the data. This kind of configuration work is commonly be done by consultants from a service provider who has experience and expertise designing and configuring these types of integrations - they can be complex, depending on the nature of the source data.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi @ChrisG,

Is there any possible way to push the data use PowerShell or other API to connect from HPE Oneview to Flexera Beacon server?

Thanks,

Sreerama Yenuga

Inventory object adapters can retrieve data to be imported into Flexera One by executing PowerShell scripts.

Another common approach is to have a PowerShell script extract data from the source system and store them in a "staging" SQL database. The Flexera One inventory adapter would then be configured to read data from the database. A benefit of this approach is that it can result in a cleaner separation of concerns between the component that extracts data from the source system and the inventory adapter. It may also support more options for transforming data before it is imported into Flexera One if that is needed.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Dear ChrisG,

Is there any document please share then I can able to understand little bit more.

Thanks,

Sreerama Yenuga.

Information about configuring inventory adapters using the Inventory Adapter Studio can be found here: The Inventory Adapter Studio. Another useful source is to look at existing inventory adapters to understand how they are implemented to guide what you need to do.

With that said, if you are not already experienced in configuring this type of integration then I would recommend engaging the assistance of somebody who knows how to do it.

JJacildo
By Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Hello @sreerama_yenuga , can I also recommend opening an Enhancement Request via Flexera Ideas?

https://flexerasfdc.ideas.aha.io/ideas

This allows customers to introduce other integrations which are currently not available in Flexera to gain visibility amongst Product Owners.

I hope that helps.