cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Definition of "Commence within" on the Inventory agent schedule.

We're looking for confirmation on how the "Commence within" setting works within the Inventory Settings.  We have the "Start Time" set for 2:00 PM.  We have the Commence within set to 8 hours. 

What does this actually mean?

• The agent will report within the next 8 hours starting at 2 PM (2PM - 10PM)?
  • The agent will report within 8 hours of 2 PM?  8 Hours before and 8 hours after (6AM - 10PM)?
  • Does it split the difference, 4 hours before, 4 hours after (10 AM - 6 PM)?

Viewing the agent documentation (Inventory Agent Schedule (flexera.com)) it doesn't give a clear picture.

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

In configuration you have described, the agent will commence gathering inventory between 2pm an 10pm (local time on each computer). The time is determined randomly for each computer.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(4) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

In configuration you have described, the agent will commence gathering inventory between 2pm an 10pm (local time on each computer). The time is determined randomly for each computer.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Thanks Chris for the response.  Could you tell me why it would be between 2 PM and 8 PM?  that's not 8 hours as defined in the configuration, that's only 6 hours.

You're right - I meant 10pm. I've updated my previous reply.

Thank you for the feedback!