cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Data Import Error

I have a business data import that is updating Inventory users from our HR database.    I had to update the business importer to use a different data source.    I am now getting errors which I don't know how to triage.  The first errors were on custom fields I created...but I've deleted those fields for now, because I just wanted to see the successful import of the records.

My current error is in regard to specific tables, which I can't find the KB's.   I ensured all of my fields in the custom importer on the beacon are set to "Always import".  Anyone run into this and know how to triage it?

Error message:

Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'Path', table 'FNMP283.dbo.GroupEx_MT'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails. Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'GroupID', table 'FNMP283.dbo.MemberEx_MT'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails. The statement has been terminated. The statement has been terminated.
(3) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

As a semi-educated guess, this error may indicate that you are attempting to import an enterprise group object (location, corporate unit or cost center), but the name/path of the group for at least one record is blank/NULL in the source data being imported.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

@diprice , I agree with @ChrisG , this is more likely to do with your data than to do with the connector.

Test 1, limit the data to 10/100 rows and rerun.

Test2, for your Enterprise group fields, check if you are creating new values for each object, and then check what you are doing with them when updating the user. 

Chris, Thanks for your reply.  This is the first thing I checked...and there are no blank values in these fields in my data source.   I've also made sure that each of these fields are set to "create new values" as Nico suggested, yet I still get the error.  I'm unfortunately working in our production environment, so I' reluctant to do the recommend test, but that is what I will do next to see if I get past the error...Thanks