cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error when running config.ps1 - 2021 R1

Hi,

I'm getting an error when running the config.ps1 script.

Gets to "Executing step Start Batch Scheduler service" and fails with the error in screenshot.

Any ideas?

Thanks

(4) Replies

This occurs when the account you're using to run the Services is not setup to "Run as a Batch". You can either add the account to the local policies OR open up Services, go to the FlexNet Batch Scheduler tasks, view the properties, click the Logon tab, enter the correct credentials and Save. You will get a pop-up stating that the account has been granted the appropriate rights.

Once that is complete, you can restart the Powershell Script and proceed with the install.

Hi,

Thanks for this - I've already entered the credentials and had the pop up - checked in local policies and this also looks as expected - still getting the error.

If I change the account to my user account the service will start but as soon as I put it back to the service account it errors. Batch Processor service runs fine on the service account.

The next thing I'd verify if the Service Account is a member of the Local Administrator group if it fails to start. If you aren't able to run the script (in an Admin Powershell) as the Service Account to do this, it can cause some issues with the Message Queue.

Yes - service account is member of Administrators group