cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

business adapter : Ldap integration

Hi,

I need to integrate an active directory, and I need to install the business adapter on another beacon. I copy paste the 2 .exe (businessImporterUI.EXE and MGSBI.EXE) from a beacon 1 where the BA is installed on the 2nd beacon where I have to integrate the LDAP.
When I run the businessImporterUI, an error message appears (see screenshot 1)
I copy paste all the BA files from beacon 1 to beacon 2, and when I run the businessImporterUI, another error message appears (see screenshot 2).

Regards,

(6) Replies
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi,

Just moving files around, isn't going to work. You'll habe to properly install the Business Adapter Studio.

Best regards,

Markward

Hi,

Thank you for your reply, can you send me binairies please ?

Regards

Hi,

You should be able to download this form the Product and Licensing Center, as described in here.

Best regards,

Markward

@tallal85 - If you have installed a beacon on its own server (not on the Application or Batch Server), then there is a Business Adapter built into the Beacon User Interface.  There is no need to install Business Adapter Studio.

thank you for your response.

For importing data, you must use "User" (screenshoot attached) for data integration?

if i mentioned just the windows account of the server, all the data will be imported?

for information it's a portail ldap that contain information users.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

@tallal85 

I suppose that your business adapter template will import users from this LDAP source so if your beacon user (specified when the beacon was installed) doesn't have read access to it you'll have to specify the specific credentials that you want it to execute with.

Thanks,