cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automate ignoring devices

Hi community

we are looking for a way to automatically ignore devices we don't need anymore. But the only point of contact that comes in my mind is through sql modifying directly the db.

Is there any supported way to automatically ignore devices? I'm thinking of an api or something similar. Scenario is that some devices are dismissed and so we want to ignore the inventory related to them immediately. Devices are dismissed day by day so we need an automatic way to do it.

Additionally, in which table and which column of that table carries the info about the column "Status" of a device in all inventory page? Final solution will be acting directly on the data stored in db.

Thank you all!

(1) Solution

@marcog  yes you can use csv as a source and yes you can schedule the business adapter to run at a specific time.

Please see the Using FlexNet Business Adapters documentation available here  if you are using FNMS On-Premises or here if you are using FNMS Cloud to see how to work with csv and how to schedule the execution of business adapters.

View solution in original post

(7) Replies
mpaladino
By Level 3 Flexeran
Level 3 Flexeran

Hi @marcog 

You could use a Business Adapter to set the status of you inventory devices. This has the advantage of being schedulable through the Beacon. So you could have the list of inventory devices to be ignored populated in a spreadsheet or database and have the business adapter run each day to update the status in FNMS.

The alternative as you have mentioned is directly modifying the data in the database. If you want to go down this path the table is called ComplianceComputer and the column is called ComplianceComputerStatusID whose values correspond to the values in the ComplianceComputerStatus table.

How to schedule using the beacon?
But this will anyway need someone to put the spreadsheet in place, right?
@mpladino, a simple question, but can the customer directly access the database to manually modify the data? Is it a supported scenario by Flexera?
janetrose, the link drive to an unwanted website, i suppose it is wrong.

@marcog  - Best Practice would be to do this with a Business Adapter, and that is also your only option for FNMS Cloud.

If you have FNMS On-Premises, it can be done with SQL, you would just need to work out the WHERE Clause to identify which Inventory Devices you want to update to a status of "Ignored".

Update ComplianceComputer SET ComplianceComputerStatusID=2 WHERE .............

In the end we created the business importer process, and worked!
now I'm wondering, since I used xslx, does the business importer manage also csv files?
One more thing, is it possible to schedule the process created to start?
Thanks!

@marcog  yes you can use csv as a source and yes you can schedule the business adapter to run at a specific time.

Please see the Using FlexNet Business Adapters documentation available here  if you are using FNMS On-Premises or here if you are using FNMS Cloud to see how to work with csv and how to schedule the execution of business adapters.