cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to find logging created by the FNMS agent?

Hello everyone,

I am looking for the log file locations that are created by the FNMS agent on a client. I have tried Googling it but couldn't find it. Where can I find those logs?

Thanks in advance

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

The link provided by @ppyrzynski is the comprehensive answer to this question - that page provides extensive details about most log files you may need.

The short answer specifically for the agent log files is that by default you will find them in the <TEMP>\ManageSoft directory, where "<TEMP>" is the temporary directory of the user that ran the process you're interested in. For system processes, it will typically be C:\Windows\Temp. For user processes, it will typically be C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

The link provided by @ppyrzynski is the comprehensive answer to this question - that page provides extensive details about most log files you may need.

The short answer specifically for the agent log files is that by default you will find them in the <TEMP>\ManageSoft directory, where "<TEMP>" is the temporary directory of the user that ran the process you're interested in. For system processes, it will typically be C:\Windows\Temp. For user processes, it will typically be C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)