cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What triggers "Reconciliation for IBM PVU"

Just noticed that "Reconciliation for IBM PVU" has not run since I upgraded to 2020 R2.

How does it get triggered?

(1) Solution

Got this answer from Case:

There were changes made in FNMS 2019 on how IBM PVU is managed. The feature release doc below contains a good description of these changes. Reference point 4, bullet 3:

https://docs.flexera.com/fnms/EN/features/index.html#FeatureList/2019R1/RN_new_ILMT-Replacement.html

I suspect this 30 minute reconciliation is what you had seen previously, and as mentioned there this method is gone and reconciliation is roped into the full compliance reconciliation. This is why there is no separate task. 

To tell if IBM PVU is actually being scanned it may be good to check the tracker log from a couple of the agent machines, which should indicate the scan is happening. The IBM PVU reports are also a good place to look. That said, if you have IBM PVU scanning enabled per the relevant section of the inventory settings, and you're not seeing any errors in the reconcile, I'd expect that it's working correctly. 

View solution in original post

(3) Replies

@GopalRaghvani 

Did you check that the scheduled tasks are executed on the application server after the upgrade?

By default the task 'Inventory import and license reconcile' is scheduled to execute every morning at 2:00AM and is the nightly task that also would include reconciliation for IBM:

Capture.PNG

Thanks,

I checked this and it runs every day 12:10am.

The task does not update "Reconciliation for IBM PVU". Should this be still running on 2020R2, or is it a left over from 2017?

The task has run following:

• Reconciliation
  • FlexNet Manager Suite
  • SCCM

Got this answer from Case:

There were changes made in FNMS 2019 on how IBM PVU is managed. The feature release doc below contains a good description of these changes. Reference point 4, bullet 3:

https://docs.flexera.com/fnms/EN/features/index.html#FeatureList/2019R1/RN_new_ILMT-Replacement.html

I suspect this 30 minute reconciliation is what you had seen previously, and as mentioned there this method is gone and reconciliation is roped into the full compliance reconciliation. This is why there is no separate task. 

To tell if IBM PVU is actually being scanned it may be good to check the tracker log from a couple of the agent machines, which should indicate the scan is happening. The IBM PVU reports are also a good place to look. That said, if you have IBM PVU scanning enabled per the relevant section of the inventory settings, and you're not seeing any errors in the reconcile, I'd expect that it's working correctly.