cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vendors who accept Flexera reports

Please can you list out the vendors who accept Flexera reports from the SAM tool as valid reports. 

Example Microsoft,. IBM, SAP etc?

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

There are very few vendors who have established substantial formal programs to approve tools for use tracking license compliance. But a couple of significant vendors who formally accept use of FlexNet Manager Suite for specific purposes are:

• IBM commonly allows use of FlexNet Manager Suite as an alternative to ILMT for sub-capacity reporting (see Applying for IBM Approval for some information about this).
  • Oracle has verified FlexNet Manager Suite to provide data sets for Oracle Database, Database Options & Oracle Fusion Middleware that Oracle will accept whenever accurate measurement data is needed (see Tooling Options for Every Scenario).

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

There are very few vendors who have established substantial formal programs to approve tools for use tracking license compliance. But a couple of significant vendors who formally accept use of FlexNet Manager Suite for specific purposes are:

• IBM commonly allows use of FlexNet Manager Suite as an alternative to ILMT for sub-capacity reporting (see Applying for IBM Approval for some information about this).
  • Oracle has verified FlexNet Manager Suite to provide data sets for Oracle Database, Database Options & Oracle Fusion Middleware that Oracle will accept whenever accurate measurement data is needed (see Tooling Options for Every Scenario).

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

When you do contract renewals, add using FNMS as the system of record for licensing.

You will still have to prove completeness of data outside FNMS.