cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using NDTrack.sh 2019r1.6 for 2018r2 on-premise

mag00_75
By Level 8 Champion
Level 8 Champion

It has been some discussions in other threads about Oracle DB inventory issues and Java inventory on linux. Since the on-premise version 2019R2 is delayed until November are their any easy way for us to deploy the NDTrack.sh 2019R1.6 for our 2018R2 on-premise installation.

What steps do we need to take to get it working
 - Can the agents be downloaded separately so we can get hold of the latest NDTrack.sh?
 - Can we reuse inventory.xml file or do we need to report a case to generate a new for us?

(2) Replies

Hello @mag00_75 

In general, we do not recommend using cross Edition/Version components to an older system. In such case, 2019 R1.6 is a "cloud solution" released agent , whether or not can be simply 'plug and play' on an old on premise solution could be end with unsupported scenario.

If you keen to go through this path , yes please open a support case to get further assistance.

Cheers

Kevin 

(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Updated agents with the changes you are discussing have been made available for deployments of existing FlexNet On Premises versions ahead of the 2019 R2 release, as discussed in the following article: Updated FlexNet Inventory agent for Oracle Java compliance

As noted in the article, you can download the agent and the install instructions from the Product and License Center (PLC).

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)