cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unprocessed Purchases

Hello!

Im looking for some best practice guidance when dealing with unprocessed purchases. 

I currently have a ton of unprocessed purchases that are for hardware. When i go to the unprocessed purchases tab and select one, it wants me to tag it with a license and contract like its software. 

What are some ideas of how to manage this, do i need to have licenses for every hardware purchase? 

(1) Solution

In our environment, I change the license type to Hardware and save the purchase.  It then no longer shows up in Unprocessed Purchases and we do not create licenses for hardware purchases.

View solution in original post

(4) Replies

In our environment, I change the license type to Hardware and save the purchase.  It then no longer shows up in Unprocessed Purchases and we do not create licenses for hardware purchases.

do you know if there is a way to batch edit POs to change their Purchase Type to Hardware? Looks like they are not set to anything. 

No I am not aware of a batch process to change the purchase type.  It might be a good thing to add to the Flexera Idea page though.

@blakedaws 

An idea you might want to investigate to change the "Purchase type" is as follows:

1) Export the desired PO data that you want to change.
- Ensure you use the filters so you don't effect you good data in FNM.
2) Cut and Paste your individual line items to the One-Off Upload template.
3) On the "Purchase type" column of your template change the box for each individual line to the desired entry you want.
4) Upload that One-Off template.

NOTE: I have used the One-Off template to overwrite existing Purchase Order entries in FNM  As a safety precaution I would recommend only doing one or two line on the template to verify this process.

Please let me know if this helps!

-Jim