cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Unable to remove application from license

We have 2 1099 Express applications - version 2016 and 2020.  Each has it's own license however what we noticed is the 2020 application is also attached to the 2016 license.  When we try to remove the application from the license and save, it gets added back.

Has anyone had this happen with apps and licenses and if so, what causes this?  We need to remove the application from the license but unable to do so.

(3) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

It sounds like you may have the license configured to allow downgrade rights from the newer version to the older version. Check the how these settings are configured on the Use rights & rules tab of the license properties:

image.png

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

I just checked both licenses and neither have upgrade/downgrade rights.  What I did notice is the 2020 application only shows the 2020 license.  The 2016 application has both the 2016 and 2020 license and we aren't able to remove the 2020 license.  Any other suggestions?  I'm at a loss on this one.

This is likely because you have Upgrade/Downgrade rights on 1 or both licenses.  For example, if you have Upgrade Rights enabled on your 2016 license, then the version 2020 Application would automatically be linked to the 2016 license.

For each license:
1) Go to the Applications tab and verify that the correct version of the application is linked to the license as the primary application.
2) Go to the Use Rights tab and verify if you have Upgrade or Downgrade rights enabled