cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source: SQLCMD - Event type: Delete - Description: Deleted Software Application

Hi,

the history of an inventory device shows (Affected field=Software Application):

Event typeSourceDescription
LinkFlexNet Manager Platform ImporterLinked to Software Application : FlexNet Manager Suite for Enterprises 2020 R1
UnlinkFlexNet Manager Platform ImporterUnlinked from Software Application : Data Exchange Layer 5.0
UnlinkFlexNet Manager Platform ImporterUnlinked from Software Application : FlexNet Manager Suite for Enterprises 2019 R1
UnlinkSQLCMDUnlinked from Software Application : Visual C++ Redistributable 2005
UnlinkSQLCMDUnlinked from Software Application : Visual C++ Redistributable 2010
UnlinkSQLCMDUnlinked from Software Application : Visual C++ Redistributable 2008
UnlinkSQLCMDUnlinked from Software Application : Visual C++ Redistributable 2015
DeleteSQLCMDDeleted Software Application : Visual C++ Redistributable 2008
DeleteSQLCMDDeleted Software Application : Visual C++ Redistributable 2010
DeleteSQLCMDDeleted Software Application : Visual C++ Redistributable 2005
DeleteSQLCMDDeleted Software Application : Visual C++ Redistributable 2015
LinkFlexNet Manager Platform ImporterLinked to Software Application : Monitoring Agent 7.1
LinkFlexNet Manager Platform ImporterLinked to Software Application : Visual C++ Redistributable 2015

Event type 'Link' and 'Unlink' we can see always, but 'Delete' is rarely.

Can you please explain why some applications have 'Delete' and 'Unlink' ?

Btw, what means source: SQLCMD?

Regards

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I expect the "Delete" events here occur when an application that is currently recognized as installed on a computer is deleted from the ARL.

SQLCMD is a SQL Server tool that is used to run SQL scripts that perform the ARL update process - so I'm thinking that these events may indicate that the identified applications were deleted from the ARL in one of the updates that were published by Flexera.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I expect the "Delete" events here occur when an application that is currently recognized as installed on a computer is deleted from the ARL.

SQLCMD is a SQL Server tool that is used to run SQL scripts that perform the ARL update process - so I'm thinking that these events may indicate that the identified applications were deleted from the ARL in one of the updates that were published by Flexera.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

@ChrisG 
Perfect. Thanks a lot for the answer.
It was also my guess but I want to be sure to understand it correctly.