cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Query to Count The Number of Inventory Agent Installs By Date

Hi all ...

I want to track new deployments of the Inventory Agent using a SQL query.  I'd be specifically looking for the count of 2022 R1 agents deployed on non-Windows devices grouped by date.  This is the query I've written:

select CAST (ia.DiscoveryDate as Date) as InstallationDate, 
count(*) as AgentInstallCount
from FNMSCompliance.dbo.InstalledApplicationInfo ia, FNMSCompliance.dbo.ComplianceComputer co
where ia.ComplianceComputerId = co.ComplianceComputerID
and ia.ProductName = 'FlexNet Inventory Agent'
and ia.SoftwareTitleVersion = '2022 R1'
and co.OperatingSystem not like '%Windows%'
group by CAST (ia.DiscoveryDate as Date)
order by CAST (ia.DiscoveryDate as Date) DESC

Does this seem reasonable to you?  

--Mark
(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

That looks reasonable. I wouldn't be surprised if you found some nuances and complexities in the particular data you're working with here, but I'd expect the results of that query to generally be directionally accurate as an indication of how many installs of the agent are happening each day.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

That looks reasonable. I wouldn't be surprised if you found some nuances and complexities in the particular data you're working with here, but I'd expect the results of that query to generally be directionally accurate as an indication of how many installs of the agent are happening each day.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)