cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Root element is missing error

I just started getting an error that the Root Element is missing while loading the beacon service. Any ideas?

We are running 2018 R1 on Prem

Thank you

(1) Solution
(6) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Can you elaborate on where you are seeing this error, and what other context surrounds it? If it appears in a log file, what details is there? If it is appearing in a UI somewhere, maybe post a screenshot.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)
Issue seemed to be tied to a corrupted business adapter. Deleted the adapter and error went away.

I am getting same issue as shown is screen shot while opening beacon, I am using 2019 R1 version on-premise.

I have removed and re-install beacon again but same issue. Not sure what's the issue is.

Can someone please help me to fix the issue?

Best regards,

Sandeep

Did you recently create a new business adapter or change one? If so, I would delete that and see if it fixes your issue. Mine was related to a bugged business adapter.

Yes I was created some business adapters, I moved the .xml files of Business Adapters to another folder which fixed my issue, the Beacon now has started.

Thanks a lot for your quick help!