We have a product, where the Assigned File evidence is "Required". However, it is an exe file, and our product is deployed on non-windows. What this means is that since the "Required" file evidence is exe, it is not present on my system, and hence the count of applications identified is coming back as 0. I would like to change this "Required" to "At least one", but unable to do so. Let me know what could be the right way, other than reaching out to Flexera.
You can update the recognition rule for file evidence by using the steps below.
1. Open the application in FNMS
2. Navigate to the Evidence tab
3. Select the File Evidence section
4. Select the hyperlinked name of the evidence (blue name), to open the File evidence that you would like to modify
5. Select the Application tab, on the File Evidence Properties page
6. From here you can modify the recognition rule for this evidence for each application that the evidence is linked to
As a note, you can skip steps 1-4 if you already have the File Evidence Properties page open for the file evidence that you want to modify
If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".
Same here. I am able to change from "required" to "at least one", but when i save it, it doesn't save. For one case, I had somehow changed it to local, and that is working fine now, but this one isn't.
I'm sure the Flexera Content team would be interested to hear details of the particular application that you're looking at here and your approach to handling it in case your insights help to improve the ARL for others.