cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report Builder - License Consumption by User

Hello, I am new to using FNMS and I am having trouble building a report. The data does not come out the way I expect it to.

I am trying to create a report where I can filter on an application and return:

• The users who have the application installed
  • The last time they used the application
  • The license assigned
  • The machine it is installed on
  • The corporate structure

These are the key items, I can always add others later.

After playing for a while and watching FNM-1410.10 Demo I thought I had cracked it. However, I returned less results than expected and when I checked manually the report was missing about half the users. I used User as a base for the report because when I started with License I could not find a way to add users.

Can anybody please help?
(1) Solution
Geoff.Ayres wrote:
Hello, I am new to using FNMS and I am having trouble building a report. The data does not come out the way I expect it to.

• The license assigned

After playing for a while and watching FNM-1410.10 Demo I thought I had cracked it. However, I returned less results than expected and when I checked manually the report was missing about half the users. I used User as a base for the report because when I started with License I could not find a way to add users.

Can anybody please help?

Hi Geoff -
You can get most of the information you would like from by adding the 'Installation' object first.

The users piece gets a little trickier as there would be no way to associate device-based consumption in this view. An option would be to export the results of the above report and the consumption view on an application or license to Excel and then merge the results together. Another option would be to look at the assigned or calculated users of the devices and make assumptions based off of that data.

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
Geoff.Ayres wrote:

• The license assigned

Can anybody please help?

Hi Geoff -
You can get most of the information you would like from by adding the 'Installation' object first.

The users piece gets a little trickier as there would be no way to associate device-based consumption in this view. An option would be to export the results of the above report and the consumption view on an application or license to Excel and then merge the results together. Another option would be to look at the assigned or calculated users of the devices and make assumptions based off of that data.