Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Tab/Section

I am not able to remove a tab/field from the "Asset Properties" 

EXEC dbo.RemoveTabFromWebUI
@TargetTypeID = TargetTypeID,
@Name = 'My-Unique-Name'

How to know the @Name = 'My-Unique-Name'.

we have checked in the UIItem table but did not find the name. 

Tab Name: Custom Properties

Please Suggest.

(1) Solution

I'm not immediately sure why you you considering executing the dbo.DeleteUIItem stored procedure directly. (This stored procedure is used by other stored procedure which are used when deleting custom properties and web UI tabs.)

With that said:

• See the following page for "TargetTypeID" values corresponding to different object types: Objects You Can Customize
  • The "Name" of UI items is used as a key in view table columns in the database, including the UIItem.ItemResourceName column.

For example, to delete an asset UI item with the name "AssetCustPropRackNo" you would execute:

EXEC dbo.DeleteUIItem @TargetTypeID = 9, @Name = 'AssetCustPropRackNo'

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(3) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

The tab named "Custom Properties" is likely a built-in tab that is displayed when you have a custom property configured without explicitly specifying any other location (tab or related property) in the UI to display the custom property.

On the assumption that you no longer need to store data in any custom property displayed on that tab, try deleting the unwanted custom property using the dbo.RemovePropertyFromWebUI stored procedure. The tab will no longer be displayed once there is no custom property that needs to be shown on it.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Thank you Chris for your quick response.

My question is can you please help me where i can find the "@Name = @Name" . I have searched in UIItem but the Tab/Field nothing shows there. Where i can find the "@Name = @Name".

EXEC dbo.DeleteUIItem @TargetTypeID = @TargetTypeID, @Name = @Name

I'm not immediately sure why you you considering executing the dbo.DeleteUIItem stored procedure directly. (This stored procedure is used by other stored procedure which are used when deleting custom properties and web UI tabs.)

With that said:

• See the following page for "TargetTypeID" values corresponding to different object types: Objects You Can Customize
  • The "Name" of UI items is used as a key in view table columns in the database, including the UIItem.ItemResourceName column.

For example, to delete an asset UI item with the name "AssetCustPropRackNo" you would execute:

EXEC dbo.DeleteUIItem @TargetTypeID = 9, @Name = 'AssetCustPropRackNo'