cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are computers automatically removed from web UI when removed/disabled in AD?

Hi geeks, 

A colleague took me by surprise by asking above question. My first answer is was "yes" but then I thought "well, I'm not really 100% sure"...
I've been looking for that information in the manual and on this forum but never found a straightforward answer to this simple question 🙂
Can anyone resolve my doubts ?

Thanks
Paweł

(1) Solution
tjohnson1
By Technical Writer
Technical Writer

The logic applies to users and computers: https://docs.flexera.com/FlexNetManagerSuite2023R1/EN/WebHelp/index.html#topics/ActiveDirectoryTab.html

Please note that the cleanup relates only to the FNMS source so it you bring in a device from SCCM the device being removed from AD will not delete the device from the UI but would delete any raw records from the agent for that device.

View solution in original post

(2) Replies

Great question, I had a similar one relating to users from AD. This is the answer I received:

A user who was previously enabled and imported from Active Directory, but who is now disabled and not imported, is automatically deleted from IT Asset Management provided that she is not present in any other inventory source. (The general principle is that a user record is deleted when the user disappears from the last inventory source that identifies her.)

I assume this is similar for computers.

I asked the question because I had a user disabled in AD, but still reporting from an inventory source.

tjohnson1
By Technical Writer
Technical Writer

The logic applies to users and computers: https://docs.flexera.com/FlexNetManagerSuite2023R1/EN/WebHelp/index.html#topics/ActiveDirectoryTab.html

Please note that the cleanup relates only to the FNMS source so it you bring in a device from SCCM the device being removed from AD will not delete the device from the UI but would delete any raw records from the agent for that device.