cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redeployed (Formated) Machines with the same hostname as before

Hello Everyone,

I have a customer that uses the hardware asset number as hostname for his machines. He does 2.000 to 5.000 formats a month (Yeah, big customer) and we start noticing that for the machines which receive the same hostname, old Software Inventory Data remains on FNMS.

For instance. Lets say that a Machine which had installed Visual Studio Professional on March 2020 was formated and receive the same hostname. There is no Visual Studio anymore, but still, FNMS will say that the machine has it.

Looking into the evidences, I can see that the new inventories does not show the Visual Studio. So, how can we remedy this?

Thanks!

(1) Solution

Hey Franz!

Thanks for the input. I decided to open a ticket with Flexera and to mark a solution for this case, we just deleted the machine from both Inventory and Discovery.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi Leonardo,

Sounds like the agent is generating a new ID on those formatted machines and therefore the resulting inventory is not overwriting the old data, but exists in parallel. You'll need to make sure to delete all old inventories from your inventory database. You could identify all duplicates by machine name (ComputerCN from table Computer) and then just keep the latest one (e.g. HWDate/SWDate from table InventoryReport).

Best regards,

Markward

Hey Franz!

Thanks for the input. I decided to open a ticket with Flexera and to mark a solution for this case, we just deleted the machine from both Inventory and Discovery.

Cheers!