cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended Changes

Hello,

When we receive Flexnet's Recommended Changes, how do we know what kind of impact that change will have on license consumption, etc?  I say this because we changed our BizTalk Server Core Enterprise Edition license type from Microsoft Server Core to Core Points as suggested by a Flexnet Recommended Change.  It impacted our consumption.  In addition, there was no explanation why Flexnet issued that recommendation.  I do have Microsoft information on this license indicating BizTalk Server Core Enterprise is a Core license but how does that translate into Flexnet's license type designation?  Flexnet's Microsoft Server Core license type is using a SQL Server Points rule set and the Core Points does not use any Points rule set.  I'm confused.

(2) Replies
Hi @crod34, I've tried to investigate this internally and have received the recommendation to get your findings checked/verified by Flexera's content team. Please document your findings and include these when raising a support case on this. Thanks, John Sorensen, Flexera

Thank you for responding John.  The issue has been clarified and has now morphed into a discussion about Flexera's issuance of Recommended Changes.  In our bi-weekly sales call with Akshay, I made the observation that Flexera does not provide any references, links, sources, etc as to why they issue changes.