cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processing ARL evidence - Flexera criteria for inlusion

Hi, 

Hopefully a simple question to appease our client (Nationwide Building Society), what is the selection, for inclusion, criteria that Flexera uses when adding  submitted evidence for updating the ARL?

thanks in advance

Richard

(3) Replies
rmiller1
By Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Hi Richard,

A couple of points here - for selecting which applications are added to the ARL, Flexera will look at a number of factors, such as the frequency and number of requests for an application, the Vendor or Manufacturer of the application - where top tier vendors such as Microsoft, Oracle, IBM and others are evaluated more carefully than niche vendors, and some customer-specific metrics too. Flexera will also look at work-in-progress, where applications that are not currently in the ARL, but have been evaluated, may be in the w-i-p queue. There are a number of different criteria that are looked at.

Of course, customers can add a recognition logic into their private catalog (identified as 'local' in the Installed Applications view) and create a temporary application until the official, Flexera Catalog item is released, as a stop-gap approach to address recognition that is needed immediately.

If your question is regarding the evidence itself - i.e. the ARP data, or file evidence, then I would say regardless of the evidence source, Flexera will test the logic before releasing it to the Flexera catalog, to ensure that application-specific logic is correctly identified and used, so as not to provide false recognition.

HTH.

R.Miller
Just want I wanted, thanks

Regards

Richard Rees-Jones

Consultant - Software Asset Management
SoftwareONE UK Ltd
Richard.Rees-Jones@softwareone.com
Secure FileDrop
Mobile: +44 (0)7432 701698

[ITAM Signature-01]

www.softwareone.com

Hi @richard_rees_2 , I wanted to make sure you were aware of these proposed changes in enforcement of ARL criteria: https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Manager-Content-Blog/Content-Change-Notification-ARL-and-Technopedia-Eligibility-and/ba-p/174788/

Natalie Overstreet Lias
Senior Product Manager
I don’t speak for Flexera, and we should all be grateful for that