cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Timesten Inventory and Usage Checking

Hi Flexera Related Support or Community.

I would like to ask whether attathcment have evidence for Oracle Timesten related SKUs exactly.

Can I get help to verify attached inventory file have evidence related to Oracle Timesten?

Regards,

gotqcorp

(1) Solution

I've found a support case that confirms that FNMS is unable to detect the usage of TimesTen. FNMS detects the usage of options by using Oracle LMS script which was given by Oracle, but the script from Oracle doesn't have queries to get usage information for TimesTen.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

(4) Replies

Hello @gotqcorp,

I have not imported these .NDIs into a test environment, however a search on the strings "TimesTen" and "Times Ten" in both '(Full)' inventory files does not return any results.

Most of the current ARL's installer evidence matching rules for the product "TimesTen In-Memory Database" (which is what I assume you are referring to) will look for evidence with either of the above naming conventions for the Name field.

If you are expecting this product to be recognised via Oracle Universal Installer Evidence (OUI), then the inventory agent will need to gather the appropriate comps.xml files from the managed device via the file evidence scan, as this is where that evidence type is extracted from.

HTH,

Joseph

If my response answered your question satisfactorily, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to heighten visibility for future customers!
Hi Joseph, thank you for your replying
I understood your answer but I would like to know this means that all of Timesten related products weren't installed on that devices.
And, is it same result from Oracle LMS Audit?

Regards,
Gotqcorp.

@gotqcorp 

You will need to make sure that full Oracle inventory (including the execution of the LMS scripts) are executed on the server and then analyze with the Oracle Transparency functionality whether there are any indications of Timesten in the collected inventory. (In the hope that you're on an FNMS version that includes the Oracle Transparency functionality (2020 R1 if your implementation is an on-premises installation)...)

Capture.PNG

I don't know which LMS checks would indicate whether Timesten is used or not, so it may still require some investigations...

Thanks,

I've found a support case that confirms that FNMS is unable to detect the usage of TimesTen. FNMS detects the usage of options by using Oracle LMS script which was given by Oracle, but the script from Oracle doesn't have queries to get usage information for TimesTen.

Thanks,