cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Entitlement Records based on CSI data

What is the best practice for using CSI data at line item detail to load and maintain Oracle entitlements in FNMS?

I find that CSI data is the most readily-available and complete record of Oracle entitlement.

Conversely, original license orders (sometimes executed decades ago) are not readily-available.

Also, purchase order data is superfluous considering most customers renew all Oracle software support for all entitlements in perpetuity, i.e., forever.

(2) Replies

@ericguyer - I recommend that you start by accessing the Learning Center from the "Other Resources" drop-down in the Community, select the Learning Center, find the Flexera Practice Guides module, and then download and read the "Oracle Practice Guide" for a detailed overview of the capabilities and Best Practices of using FlexNet Manager to manage Oracle software licensing.

Here is some guidance in relation to managing CSIs from the Oracle Practice Guide that @kclausen pointed to:

CSI entitlement tracking is best done by creating a contract record in FlexNet Manager Suite to represent the CSI, linking that contract to the master OMA or OLSA, and then linking purchases (usually Oracle Ordering Documents) related to that CSI to the CSI contract record in FlexNet Manager Suite.

In most organizations, CSI numbers are not restricted to coverage of specific machines by law or contract. Therefore, as a best practice, multiple CSI entitlements should be bundled under a single license record in FlexNet Manager Suite. Enterprise group assignment, scope restriction, or manual allocation may be used to further charge back or restrict consumption of CSI entitlements to specific servers.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)